?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄
September 11, 2023

Dear Rich,

I want to express my gratitude for your presence at the late Pastor Don Lane's memorial service a few weeks ago. It was heartening to see the Conference continuing to support a pastor who dedicated his life to God's ministry.

I also want to thank you for the compliance notice you sent. The letter highlights three main points: 1. The presence of an unpermitted sign, 2. The sign's location outside the church property boundary, and 3. The Triangle rule.

I must admit that I'm somewhat perplexed by the sudden concern raised by the City of Rohnert Park regarding the sign, especially since it has been in place for an extended period. Given that our three churches share driveways and a parking lot, I believe placing the sign away from the main building should not be considered a violation.
I plan to monitor other signs along Snyder Road to see if there are any similar issues.

I reached out to Pastor Chip Worthington, our neighboring pastor, regarding this matter. While he recently returned from vacation, he mentioned that he didn't recall receiving a compliance notice, even though I saw his church's sign mentioned in the same context.

Given the complexities of this situation, I would like to explore the possibility of seeking legal counsel from the Conference attorney. Pastor Chip Worthington mentioned something called a 'Grandfather clause' and suggested that the sign may be protected under this provision, allowing it to remain as it has been.

Your advice on how to proceed in addressing this matter would be greatly appreciated. Once again, I thank you for your continued support.

Sincerely,

Dong Hun Shin
Pastor of the Rohnert Park District